Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Muffin, Muffin, who makes the muffins??

Easter is over and spring is in full force at our house!  I have a few Easter leftovers to share...who doesn't love leftovers?  
  Here is a picture of my very sweet granddaughter, Lyndie.

 And here is another one of Lyndie, and her big brother Blaize.....who obviously does not really care for the Easter bunny!
  His Mommy reported that he smiled and waved when they left.  haha   My daughter Emily, she's 11,  wanted curly hair for Easter Sunday this year.  So, we got out the little soft pink curlers...(Everyone who ever went to Sunday School with curly hair has slept in these) and we proceded to roll up her hair.

   Her hair is generally very hard to curl.   And all of our hard work paid off.....
Not as curly as you would think, but she was happy with it.  
    We had breakfast at our church on Easter Sunday, I volunteered to make cinnamon rolls, fruit plate and muffins.   Here are a few pictures...


Apple Cinnamon

Banana Pecan

Blueberry
     Everything turned out great!  I thought I'd share my easy muffin recipe with you.  This recipe makes 2 dozen regular size muffins, or one dozen jumbo muffins, or 4 dozen mini muffins.   


             Muffin Recipe


1 1/4 c. of sugar  
1/2 c. of butter
2 eggs
1/2 c. of milk
1 t. vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt


Preheat oven to 350*.   Mix all wet ingredients together (if you are making banana muffins, add 1 1/2 cups (3 to 4) smashed bananas to the mixture now.) and mix dry ingredients together.  Add the dry ingredients a little at a time while mixer is on low setting.  If you are making banana muffins mix bananas with the wet ingredients, otherwise all other fruit should be folded into the muffin mix at this time.  1 1/2 c. of fruit is all you need.  You can use blueberries, raspberries, apples, or peaches. Blueberries should be rinsed and drained.  Pretty much anything would work.  I also fold 1 c. of nuts if I'm going to use those.  With my Banana I added chopped pecans.  With my Apple Cinnamon I added 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.  


Baking time really just depends on your oven...regular muffins bake around 20 min.  Just keep an eye on them and remove when the tops start turning golden brown.


I hope you try this recipe.  It really is easy and these muffins freeze very well.  


Ok, Now back to spring.....One of my clematis vines that I have had for 2 years has never bloomed. This year it is full of gorgeous flowers!  Emily went out and took pictures of it yesterday...


                                      
                         Have a great day!
                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments: