Search This Blog

Sunday, December 21, 2008

First Day of Winter.......

The first day of winter came in with a roar.....It is -2 degrees today with windchill around -24. All the trees are still convered with ice from the ice storm we had a few days ago. After the ice storm we had a couple of inches of snow and now the winds are blowing around 50 miles an hour making white out conditions! WOW Winter is really here to stay. Here are a few pictures of trees outside....
This next picture I took looking out my door..On a brighter note, I am done with Christmas shopping and have all the presents under the tree. My Mom brought hers over too. Look how beautiful it looks....

I don't know if I can get any more gifts around this tree!! We are all excited about Christmas. It was so cold out today that I was in the kitchen most of the day. It was a perfect day for baking and having the oven on. I made chocolate chip cookies, some with pecans, and I made cheddar potato and ham soup and my special biscuits that are so yummy! I also made some homemade chesecake muffins. Here is a picture of my muffins..Don't they look yummy??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!