Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

All in the Kitchen...

Funny picture Wednesday....Our cat (the stray that adopted us) Fluffy, or Purdy cat as John calls her. I seen her sitting on the step outside and you know me, I never miss an opportunity to take a picture! If she could see this I wonder if she'd be saying "Will you please call Jenny Craig?"
Emily really is a wonderful helper in the kitchen....Today with her help, We made 11 containers of freezer pickles, 6 quarts of dill pickles, 5 pints of Salsa, and 4 quarts of pickled beets!! Not to mention supper...We were in the kitchen literally all day....from noon until almost 8:00pm!!
My first batch of Salsa turned out Fantabulous!!! Can you even imagine how yummy this is going to taste????
For supper tonight I fixed one of Ieshia's favorites! Poor Man BBQ's

Here is my Poor Man BBQ Recipe

1 lb ground beef (browned and drained)
1 can of corned beef hash
3/4 C. of Ketchup
1/4 C. of brown sugar
3 tablespoons of grape jelly

Put all ingredients in a crockpot on LOW for 3-4 hours stirring occasionally.


My Garlic beets turned out perfect!


All you do is saute' the beets in a little olive oil, about 2 tablespoons of minced garlic and 1/4 cup of steak sauce....A1 works best...and of course salt and pepper....

Debbie is a great help in the kitchen.....She is my "clean-up crew"....it really makes things go faster when she's cleaning up the whole time.....If she's told me once, she's told me a hundred times....She says, "Since you do all the cooking and canning...I will help with the clean up!"

John has been letting Derek help him when he mows the yard! Derek is thrilled....He has been asking to help mow the yard for a few years. I just wanted him to be a little taller....so I guess this is the year for him to learn! Now, we all know that next year when it comes time to mow the yard he'll probably whine about it!It looks like he's been doing it for years!

No comments: