Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Doings at our home....

Happy Face snapshot for Saturday is Emily! Due to the flood in our basement, most of the kids' things have been in storage. Yesterday Emily got several of her stuffed animals back and is sitting here with them....She's like a kid in a candy store! She's such an animal lover......live or stuffed!

I love capturing pictures of my kids with their grandparents. I think it's very sweet. I don't remember having many if any pictures of me with my grandparents. Here is a picture of Emily and Grandma Keller.....Grandma Keller is showing Emily how to sew the tail of her lion. In this picture you can see the family resemblance...

Debbie got a new box springs and mattress for her bed. It was long overdue since her other one was 15+ years old and used when she got it....She's really happy with it!


On Friday night, John and I took Derek to the Maple City Cruise In....Wow ! There were over 2,000 cars and over 25,000 people! It was beautiful weather for the cruise in...around 78 degrees. We seen a few people we knew, a few cars we had seen before, and a lot of nice cars...below there is a picture of a truck like Johns that he is restoring.....towards the end of our long walk of 3-4 miles....Derek started complaining about his feet and legs hurting so John (Big Brave Dad) decided to give him a piggy back ride! He carried him up there for 2 whole blocks! That's one brave caring dad!








Even Ronald McDonald was there....lol
John has been busy the last few days working in the garage. Since we go from project to project, the garage gets the brunt of the mess. We pick up a little and then start something else and the garage never completely gets cleaned. However, today it looked pretty good....just a few more things to find a place for....Kudos to John for all the work he did cleaning and organizing his garage!! We are ready now for a new project!


My very first car was a 1972 VW Super Beetle...I LOVED that car! Over time it fell apart, I moved and my Dad got rid of it. But I always thought that if I had a chance I would get another one......That day finally came when a friend of Johns had one to get rid of. Of Course it was not "driveable"....It had some body work done on it and all the parts are there....they just aren't where they need to be. Since he has never worked on one....this is going to be a learning experience for John, but at least he's up for a new challenge. It was put in the garage tonight and John, Andy, and Derek started to take it apart and start the long process of restoring this 1970 VW BUG for me.......Hopefully is will be the sunburst orange bug that I want! I will post update pictures from time to time.....




No comments: