Search This Blog

Friday, July 31, 2009

Always Busy....

It was a very nice day outside today. John and his little helper, Derek, worked outside and cemented some of the fencepost in the ground. After leveling and propping them up, John mixed up some quikcrete and poured it all around. Now the fence will look perfectly straight. Of course John can't do anything without Derek being right there to help! He really is a great helper and can do just as much work as most men!






After Supper I went outside and took a walk around the yard, I snapped a few pictures of my flowers and bushes that were blooming....here is my "snowball bush"





Red Prince Weigela

Peach gladiolas

Wine colored Gladiolas

While John and Derek were working out in the yard, I was in the kitchen again as usual...

First of all I tried another new recipe called Crockpot Chicken Alfredo.....it was very good, very easy and very creamy.......I thought I would share this recipe as well.......


3 chicken breast (boneless and skinless)*
3 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 can of milk
2 pkg of cream cheese
1 pkg of Good Seasons Italian Seasoning

put all in the crock pot and cook on high for 5-6 hours..
right before I served it I added a box of rotini pasta and served this with parmessan cheese
another thought would be to add broccoli florets


*chicken can be fresh and diced or frozen...just take out and dice before serving...ENJOY


While I was in the kitchen, I blanched and froze 2 quarts of green beans from my garden, I made 2 containers of freezer pickles, 2 huge jars plus 5 quarts of dill pickles, and 5 quarts and 2 pints of bread and butter pickles!! WOW.....I was so tired of standing! But the pickles look good!

No comments: