Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Green Beans and Tomatoes

Labor Day, September 2, 2013, was a day to work at our house! 
     Monday was a perfect day......77* and breezy.  We were up early and went and picked tomatoes!  Most of you all know that our home was affected by the flooding in the Midwest this past spring.  Our entire finished basement was ruined!  Our children's 3 bedrooms, bathroom/laundry room, furnace room and storage area was all covered in 2-3 foot of sewage.  Devastating to say the least!  Anyway, I will show updated photos in a later post, however, because of the flooding we were very late getting our garden planted.
      So, our garden has provided enough goodies for eating but not enough for canning.  We have been so blessed by good friends sharing some of their green beans and tomatoes, that we were able to get some canning done!
                                         
Emily

Derek

Grandma Keller helped

Bean fight....

I had some wonderful green bean snappers helping me......of course there was a small green bean fight.
 I ended up with 12 quarts.

Sharayah stepped in to help with the tomatoes.....


Love them so much!
We ended up with 16 quarts of tomatoes,
2 quarts of tomato juice, and 21 pints of tomatoes!!
Later on, Sharayah wanted to "hold" Missy....I think she got goosebumps when she was walking on her shoulder!

Such a great day with my family!
I will leave you with a couple of pics of Emily sporting her new outfit from CATO

I enjoy sharing this blog with all my friends and family.  Please feel free to leave a comment below, check one of the boxes, or follow my blog and get an email notification when there is a new post!
:)

No comments: