Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Home Alone

It's not very often that I find myself alone in the house with my thoughts

With Valentines Day fast approaching I find myself giddy thinking about love,

Remembering falling in love, the excitement of the first date, the butterflies in my stomach when the first kiss unfolds..... Finding a lasting love, a secure love, there is nothing like it in the world.

I remember the nervousness I used to feel wondering if I was wearing the right thing, doubting the way I did my hair, not wanting to eat and of course the all too familiar diet that seems to be popular with a new love.

Even many years after my marriage I still experience the flutters when I see my Johnny walking to me.....anxious for the hug he gives me when he comes home from work...knowing that after almost 14 years that he still loves me and I him.

Although there are obstacles to work through I think the love between us just gets stronger with every issue we face and conquer. I am his, and thats what brings an enormous smile on my face but knowing that he is mine tops every emotion I've ever felt.

Happy Valentines day to all............

May You all experience the joy and happiness that comes with finding your true love, not the love you know or think you have....but the sincere security of love that you grow into with your mate years down the road.......

No comments: