Search This Blog

Friday, September 18, 2009

Home Make Over...

I took a few more pictures of the 'new' living room. I had been shopping for window coverings for a few days. Man! They are expensive!! Even at Wal-Mart one panel is around $20! I needed one blind for the door, 2 for the end windows, and 3 for the big picture window. Not to mention 8 curtain panels! That really adds up fast. When we decided to do the living room, we used extra things that we already had. ie...leftover drywall, paint, outlets and switches and so on.....all we had spent was around $5.00 for outlet and switch covers!! I really love bargains and I had been watching adds for sales for a few days. Finally, yesterday, I had my big break! We were at Lowes and they had blinds on sale. For the huge picture window, I needed 2 blinds for the small end windows and one huge one for the middle.....Can you believe that I found that huge blind marked down from around $60 to only $18??? I was thrilled.....At Wal-mart I found some sheer panels on sale for around $4 per panel!!! I also got a few brand new in box blinds at Goodwill for a little of nothing! So, John and I decided to use blinds and sheers for now. Later on I will gets some nice drapes to add. But imagine how happy I was to get all 6 blinds and 8 panels for under $70!!!! Which adds up to a living room makeover for under $75.00! Now thats amazing!







Well, anyway, it's clean, compfy, cozy, updated and we love the new look!



No comments: