Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

How does your garden grow...???

I took a little stroll outside in my yard yesterday to check out all of my flowers and my vegetable garden.  Amazingly, everything is growing so well!  We haven't had any measurable rain for a long time, but my mother in law, Debbie, has been faithfully working in the garden and it really shows!  She has a wonderful green thumb when it comes to gardening, whether with flowers or veggies.  
                                      
                       Doesn't this look great?   
John was working in the garden as well, and picked a bunch of radishes!  My wonderful husband has been doing a lot of the watering of the garden.  He and my son, Derek, planted the whole thing.   But, don't worry!!  My time is coming when it's harvest time....I get to do all the freezing, canning, and cooking of the garden!  

                                      
               I found our first cucumber of the year!   

                                     
I also seen a lot of tomatoes growing and tons of blooms!!
Big boys

Romas
cherry tomatoes
look at all those blooms!
                                         
             Our squash and zucchini are blooming too! 


    Well, you've seen the vegetable garden....so here are a few pictures of the flowers that were starting to bloom.....


Mums already??



columbine


 Look at the best husband in the whole world...planting more flowers for me!!!
my husband, John
                                        
 I could spend all day outside with the flowers and my garden.   My kids enjoy planting and watching it grow.  It's how we got Derek to eat radishes, onions, and zucchini.  Emily loves helping to make pickles and salsa in the fall!  I hope you enjoyed all the pics.  Feel free to leave your comments below!                                                                     

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about the goffie guy with the roto tiller ???? ha ha ha

Tammy said...

Definitely appreciated the "great" guy with the roto-tiller!! Thanks Tom!