Search This Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

More flowers....

     Over the years, I've had a lot of girls spending the night with my girls.  You know how it is.....cute little pajamas, fixing hair, playing with stuffed animals, dolls, horses, and watching cute movies that makes them tear up!  Then swimming in the pool, catching a thousand lightening bugs, Popsicles......well you get my point.   
       Last night was the first time that Derek had a boy spend the night.  Oh what a difference!  The sounds that come out of those boys!  haha  They wanted to sleep outside in the tent with sleeping bags, jugs of stuff to drink, listening to the bugs and frogs and playing games.   Fought over flashlights, and who was going to sleep with Joey, the huge chocolate lab who runs the back yard.  It's funny how boys and girls can be so different!!  I hope Derek had fun last night.  Although, I know he didn't get enough sleep! 
Derek and Cody making faces!
                                      
         Recently, we planted a few flowers at Mom's house but we still had some left to weed through.  My perennials have  tripled over the last few years.  So John and I chose to make over one of the flower beds at church.   We added hostas, coral bells, and several other perennials.  We also purchased some very colorful annuals and some pretty red mulch.  I think the colors of the flowers just look so vibrant against the red mulch.  Not too mention there is a dark red brick wall across the yard that it reflects well from.  Just trying to take the eye off of the country blue.  lol
Hostas are in

Coral bells are in

annuals and mulch in

much brighter

here are come of the original flowers

Pretty?

      The green grassy looking stuff is ground cover and will have little purple of blue flowers on it.  So, what do you think??   I hope everyone likes it.  We enjoyed doing it!      
            I just had to share the cute picture of the day with you all.....I was up and down all night with a stomach ache...and when I got up this morning I noticed our tom cat, Brady all comfy cozy at the end of the bed!!! Can you all say SPOILED?
Brady
                                     
                                       
  I love comments!!  Please click on the word comment below and let me know what you think about this  or other posts.  Is there anything you would like to see on My Blog???  Let me know.  Hopefully I will be having more recipes coming up!

2 comments:

TheMowdys said...

Love the flowers!! Just absolutely beautiful....you can come here and do some planting! hehe! Also, about the boy sleepover...I know what you mean...I would LOVE to have the girl sleepover though...never got a chance to do that as a momma!

Tammy said...

Thanks Laura! I love gardening, landscaping, and planting flowers! I have the best husband ever and he always helps me! You can have my girls over for a sleepover anytime!! haha