Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2015

     It's a beautiful fall day today!  The sun is shining bright, there's a good breeze, leaves are flying all around and the air is crisp and cool!  I can't wait til later today when I can get out and take a nice walk.  All of the leaves on our trees are starting to turn the gorgeous hues or orange, red and yellow.  I love the crunch of leaves under my feet and the brisk feeling in the air.
    We had a fun and busy weekend.  On Saturday, we enjoyed the housewarming party of my daughter and son-in-law.  They were able to purchase their first house not long ago.  We are so happy for them!
                                      

Since being diagnosed with diabetes, I depend on
walking everyday as part of my exercise. Walking helps with weight loss and also helps to lower my blood sugar and as well as many others benefits.  Although I love fall and everything about it, I know winter is coming next and some days I won't be able to be outside walking.  We do have a membership to the local YMCA so I can exercise inside, but there's nothing like walking outside.  It's so peaceful, and time goes by so fast when your walking outside. Whether or not you have diabetes, or you are on a weight loss plan, or are practicing living a healthy lifestyle.....you should still get out and take plenty of walks.  Walking is very beneficial to your health!!  Even on those days where you don't feel like it or you are out of shape....just make up your mind and do it!

I was spending the day with my Mom the other day and it turned out that we were both wearing our bright yellow shirts, so I had to take a pic! Love my Mom!

Thanks for reading!  :)

No comments: