Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Wow!  I can't believe it's been 10 months since I updated my blog.  I have been debating on whether or not to delete it or refresh it.  I really hated to lose all the memories that have been created in this blog.      There are great pictures, memories, recipes, family that is no longer with us, and a lot of info I could never get back.  
     So, even though my life has dramatically changed over the years since I first started my blog, I decided to keep it going.  I decided to somewhat start fresh with new interests, new pictures, and recipes and other encouragement that reflects my newer life style.
     First of all, God is so very important to me!  My life is devoted to him 100%!  Now, this doesn't at all mean that I am perfect.  I am far from that.  I daily strive to deepen my prayer life, read his word, and devote every aspect of my life to him. The one that created me, gave his life for me, and is preparing a place for me, for all of eternity, The Almighty God.

     I like to spend time with our great church ladies,
                                  
 
And we recently enjoyed a great ladies retreat where I was able to sing with some very talented, sweet, and devoted ladies
This also happens to be one of my favorite times of the year.  I love fall!!  The colors are so vibrant, the air is fresh and crisp, the scenery is breathtaking, and I love admiring Gods gorgeous artwork. 
Even though this isn't the first day of fall, I love the quote from Emily Bronte on the above picture.

Another change in my life is my whole lifestyle.
I have remained focused on low-carb eating ever since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in May2014.  Here are a few before and after comparison pictures.....


These were taken when I had hit my 90# goal.  I have now lost 91# and am diligently trying to get to my final goal of 100#.  God is so good to me.  None of this would be possible without him.  I have no self control.  After being diagnosed with diabetes, and going through several stages of denial, I finally broke down and told God that I couldn't do this alone.  I needed him. I would give him all the glory....and I do!  He is faithful, he is just, and he is the one behind my weight loss.  I get strength from reading his word, and I am encouraged daily by his promises to me.  Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.
Thanks for reading,  please feel free to leave a comment.  :)

No comments: