Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010

Almost Done....

Well, today Dave started the ceramic tile in my entryway!!   I am so excited!  3 years with a plywood floor and unfinished drywall was too long!!   It will be so nice to have it all done!!   Here are a few pictures of the ceramic tile being installed...




Tomorrow the little white spacers come out and the grout will be put on then Sunday we will put a sealer on it!  I love it!  While they were busy working, I was busy in the kitchen....I made brownies ....with chocolate frosting of course!

I made a delicious blueberry pie....Jobie and Sharon loved it!

I made super easy Beef and Noodles!  I will share the recipe.....
In your crock pot, put in 3 lbs of stew meat
add 2 pkgs of onion soup mix
also add 2 sticks of butter.......
cook that on high all day ( 7 hours or so)
then add 3 cans of cream of mushroom soup
one can of water and one pkg of egg noodles!
Stir all together and serve!   Very good, and very filling,  and semi homemade with that homemade taste.  
Note:  Do not add water when you put it in....as the meat cooks the broth will mix with the butter and that's all the liquid you need!  Also the noodles need to be cooked first.

We had the beef and noodles, french bread, sliced tomatoes out of my garden and also some marinated cucumbers and onions...lemonade and sweet tea!  A very easy summer meal.
John and the kids picked our garden clean this afternoon....we had a lot of tomatoes, cucumbers, banana peppers, jalapenos, green and red bell peppers.  


Everything was so ripe and fresh that I made 7 pints of salsa....i had a little left that I simmered with some jalapenos and John pretty much ate it warm with a spoon!  lol  He loved it!  

No comments: