Search This Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Canning time...

Yes!  It's canning time again!   My feet hurt, my back it sore and my hands are numb and stained!  But, this winter, I will make the best soups and stews and enjoy all the other goodies that I have stored away!  Makes me feel like a squirrel gathering nuts as I make my way out to the garden with my totes and baskets,and my family in tow as we proceed to fill them up with the bounty from the garden! 
I canned beets in July and also pickled some banana peppers!  Lately I have canned dill pickles, tomatoes,and several kinds of salsa.




I also tried pickles jalapenos for the first time..
I put up several containers of freezer pickles too..
I love seeing all the produce sitting around the kitchen!


We also dug up about 40 pounds of Yukon butter gold potatoes!

My garden turned out pretty good this year.  Still getting carrots, onions, tomatoes, lots of peppers,and cucumbers.  The cabbage, green beans, peas, and lettuce are gone for this year!
This summer is going by so fast!  School starts next week and Ieshia will be a Freshman!!  Derek and Emily will start 4th grade!  School registration fees were $180 for the three of them!  Supplies are bought and clothes are hung and the backpacks are all packed and ready to go!  On the 24th...I will officially do my happy dance!  haha
Of course with summer going so fast...Sharayah went back to work and so I get to watch Blaize a few days a week...




We ended this week today by giving the dogs a bath...Joey was a great sport and Mocha did her usual..pout and dash!  haha

Mocha

Joey

No comments: